Dear Forum User,
The LEF Web Team is very happy to present you with this new forum interface.
All forums, postings and user settings have been successfully integrated into the new forum system so existing users can login with the same credentials.
We trust that you will find this forum much superior in comparison to the older version.
Here is a list of feature to look for in this new forum:
- Community calendar
- Multiple languages selectable by the member in their option settings.
- WYSIWYG (a.k.a. Rich Text) and Standard Editors based on browser compatibility.
- E-Mail replies notifications and forum subscriptions.
- Private Messaging between registered members.
- Emotion Icons integration in forum postings.
- Most recent active topics list (full page listing).
- Active User list.
- Subscribe to a thread (change from current, by including a quick link for user to subscribe/unsubscribe for each thread).
- Next topic/ Previous topic links in the message thread.
- "Back to top" links in thread view.
- Page title displays forum name, or thread subject.
- Change [code] and [flash] legacy items on WYSIWYG to actual HTML inserts.
- Enhanced attachment options.
- Added a display name field to the member profiles that is shown instead of the login name.
- Multiple attachments displayed with posts. If attachment is an image, a thumbnail is shown if the image is larger than 100px high or wide.
- WYSIWYG Image button now can edit existing images when selected, as well as, be used to define height, width and alt tag settings.
- WYSIWYG Flash button includes quality, loop and background color options in additon to size.
- WYSIWYG Code button will now wrap selected text in the code block pattern.
- Sortable forum listing.
- Better forum search engine.
- Capability to add polls to forum postings.
- Forum quick message posting.
- Printer friendly version of the message threads.
- Simplified registration process.
- Complete user control panel for editing personal preferences and managing subscriptions.
- User selectable ignore filters.
- Collapsable forum categories.
- Improved search results layout.
- Quick notification mailer allowing forum members or guests to notify the forum administrator of posts.
- Private messaging between registered members.
- Compliant with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998
- And much more!
As usual, submissions will be reviewed, approved and posted by the moderators.
Thanks to all of you for your valuable input and for helping make this one of the best health forums on the internet.
LEF Web Team