Life Extension Forums dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution
Announcement Attention: Important Forum Announcement

The Life Extension Foundation Forums > LEF Public Forums > Dietary Supplements > Best time to take Ginkgo Biloba  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

robert
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2002
Total Posts : 58

Posted 7/12/1999 9:00 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have conflicting information. One magazine article says to take Ginkgo only in the morning. The instructions on one bottle of Ginkgo that I bought say to take "on a semi-empty stomach, once in the morning and once at bedtime." Others just indicate a dosage, but not when to take. . [BR][BR]Do you know the answer? Is it okay to take in the evening? Why a "semi-empty stomach" and not a completely empty stomach. . [BR][BR]::I think the only reason why some people might advise you not to take it in the evening is because it might be stimulating and keep you awake. If it does not do that then at any mealtime is fine. I take it with both breakfast and dinner, however, digestion with meals is considered to be less necessary with this product (and perhaps even less effective) than with others. ::

Mark Emdee
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2001
Total Posts : 22

Posted 7/17/1999 9:00 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think one reason some say to take this supplement in the morning is that this supplement is said to be good for your brain and memory, and so taking it early in the day for your thinking. I take 120mg four times a day. As a side note, I think if an unhealthy meal is eaten it would be better to take this supplement, and some other herbs, with a better meal or on an empty stomach. [BR][BR]::Are you saying that you think that it is better to take ginkgo and other herbs with a healthy meal or an empty stomach, than with an unhealthy meal? If so, I dont see the reason. In fact, I think that added nutrients would be more important with an unhealthy meal, than with a healthy one which already has good nutrition included. ::

Mark Emdee
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2001
Total Posts : 22

Posted 7/20/1999 9:00 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think some herbs would be better to take at another time rather than with a meal of deep fried fish, french frys, soda, and candy, or with a meal of donuts. [BR][BR]When I do eat a meal thats not at its best, then I take extra of other supplements. Some supplement labels do say to take with liquid only, or before or between meals.