Life Extension Forums dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution
Announcement Attention: Important Forum Announcement

The Life Extension Foundation Forums > LEF Public Forums > Dietary Supplements > HOW TO REVERSE GREY HAIR?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
1563 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

concerned
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 1/12/2006 3:38 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi
I would like to try PABA. Can someone please help me with a mix, whether it be copper, B, or anything ... i'm new to all this and don't understand the jargon used before ...
A bit of background: when i was 18 i took a product called 'roacutaine'. it was for acne. since i have taken it, my hair has gradually gone to total gray. now starting beard, and chest. (now 28)
i know its a long shot to try this stuff, but i would like to.
can someone please help me and give me an easy description of what i could get from the store and try.
thanks.

alfax
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2005
Total Posts : 241

Posted 1/12/2006 9:21 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
DMAE-H3 FROM TWINLAB HAS GOT 150 MG PABA AND 100 MG DMAE PER SERVING. AND IT'S QUITE CHEAP. SEE THE FIRST THREADS OF THIS FORUM FOR MORE INFORMATION.

b4its2late
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006
Total Posts : 29

Posted 1/16/2006 3:23 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have started boiling beans, keeping the liquid and the beans separately and drinking/eating some of it every day. I may not make 3 months though!

I am also taking vitamins, He Shou Wu and other Chinese herbs and have DMAE-h3 and Proxylon on order (see earlier threads). It is early days but I will let the Forum know if any of it makes a scrap of difference.

I have noticed on the web that Eclipta (alias bhrngraj or bringraj) is supposed to reduce grey hair.

alfax
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2005

Posted 1/19/2006 2:27 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello b4its2late

Keep us posted on the effect of the Adzuki beans extract!
ARE U FOLLOWING THE PROCEDURE DESCRIBED IN THE PAPER?
It would be interesting if u took a "before" and "after" picture.
I HAVE BEEN USING DMAE-H3 for almost 6 months now and it doesn't seem to make no diference...
IF U NOTICE ANY SIGNIFICANT CHANGE AFTER SOME MONTHS IT PROBABLY MUST BE THE EFFECT OF THE HOT WATER BEAN EXTRACT.

KEEP ON SEARCHING!

b4its2late
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006

Posted 1/20/2006 2:05 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
No, I am just boiling up beans for 2 hours and keeping the solids and liquid separately for a few days, consuming a bit of each every day. Maybe I should look at the paper in more detail and follow the exact method but it sounds quite complicated and is not adding anything to the beans.

Started 1000 mg capsules PABA today branded Nature's Store.

Basically I'm going to give it 6 months trying all these things to see if they make any difference and then give up if there's no difference.

If there's any significant change I will know about it, picture or not.

b4its2late
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006

Posted 1/23/2006 6:04 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Information about Bringraj from the following web site looks interesting:

http://www.indigoherbal.co.uk/man_index.htm

Bhringraj
swaras Eclipta Alba Hassk
(fresh juice) The ingredient has rapid effect on premature grey hair and helps normal secretion of melanin; it promotes hair growth by nourishing hair follicles, powerful antibacterial and antifungal.
Normalises scalp conditions by checking boils and carbuncles; it is highly effective in alopecia and loss of hair.

Bhringraj Eclipta Alba
/Wedelix
Calendulacea A well-known hair tonic; it nourishes hair right from the root, improves secretion of melanin and minimises premature greying of hair.
Cooling effect on scalp and mind.
Improves vision power and effective in xerophthalmia.
Also corrects liver disorders.
An abstruent, it corrects liver and spleen enlargement.
Cholagogue and has anti-inflammatory action.
Bala beej restores mental alertness.
Along with Ashwagandha it has the synergistic action.
It is astringent and diuretic.
The drug is useful in derangement of liver and gall bladder.
It improves and regulates liver and gall bladder function and enhances the secretion of bile present in blood and thus exerts to clear jaundice.

Gaizz
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006
Total Posts : 62

Posted 1/27/2006 4:47 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I recently found this REMINEX:  http://www.reminex.com/
I'm a new member. I'm from Italy, Sardinia.

biggarrison
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 50

Posted 1/30/2006 1:57 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've been noticing a reduction in my grey hair over the past two months, and I can't pinpoint it on anything in particular. The only changes that I have made to my supplement regimen are as follows:

1: I switched to LEF Mix tabs two months ago, replacing the multi vit/mineral packs I used to take.

2: I started taking Gary Null's Super Calcium Magnesium Citrate, replacing separate magnesium and calcium tabs.

3: I added 6 capsules of Gary Null's Green Stuff to my regimen.

Now I know that Gary Null attributes his lack of grey hair to chlorophyll. Maybe the addition of the Green Stuff caps is the key? I'm going to up my intake to 9 caps a day to see if any more improvement is noticed.

Any thoughts?

A bit more about me:
31 year old male, 5'8", 160lbs.
My complete daily regimen:
9 LEF mix tabs
1 LEF Gamma E Tocopherol cap
2 Feverfew caps (migraine sufferer)
3 GinkoMax (Wonderlabs) caps
1 25 mg DHEA
8000-10000mg Vitamin C
4 1000 mg Omega 3 caps (300mg EPA/200mg DHA per cap)
6 Gary Null's Super Calcium Magnesium Citrate caps (575 mg calcium citrate/575 mg magnesium citrate per 6 caps)
2 Gary Null's Prostate Pro caps
6 Gary Null's Gary's Green Stuff caps
1 1000 mg Blueberry Extract cap
2 625 mg EDTA caps
2 LEF TMG 500 mg tabs

b4its2late
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006

Posted 1/31/2006 2:25 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Really good to hear of someone having success with this.
Much of a reduction?
Please keep us updated.

biggarrison
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2005

Posted 1/31/2006 2:38 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
A somewhat noticeable reduction. I tried to snap a pic, but my camera won't focus in close enough in order to do so.

I have a 3" X 1" aprx patch of what was solid grey at my hairline at the right front of my head. I have a 2" aprx diameter circular patch in the middle of my head, along with the here and there grey on my temples. The latter two are hard for me to judge, so I have been following the first patch as it is the easiest to see.

Over the past two months, I have noticed dark hair growing in the grey patch. The dark hair is most prominent at the edge of the hairline, with a few various dark hairs growing in the midst of the patch. I also have what appears to be some new hair growth as well along the hairline.

Grey hair is a chronic condition among the men on my father's side of the family, my father being completely grey by the time he was 36. I'm 31 and trying to cut it off at the pass.

Today I have upped the dose of the Green Stuff caps to 9 instead of 6. After a few weeks I'll see if it made any remarkable difference.

b4its2late
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006

Posted 2/2/2006 3:40 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Ok, I'm going to buy some green stuff if they will send it to the UK.

It ties in with stuff on the web about wheat grass juice helping prevent/ reverse? gray hair. Wheat grass juice is full of chlorophyll.

Good luck with your fight against genetics!

biggarrison
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2005

Posted 2/7/2006 2:56 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The ingredients in the Green Stuff I'll list below. Maybe one of them alone is the key.

3 capsules contain a 2000 mg proprietary blend of:
Green Kamut juice, powdered
Wheatgrass juice, powdered
Barley Green juice, powdered
Alfalfa leaf, powdered
Oat grass juice, powdered
Broccoli, powdered
Parsley, powdered
Kale, powdered
Soluble rice bran
Pineapple
Organic carrot juice, powdered
Spirulina
Yucca root
Black licorice root extract

And the product description:
"Gary's Green Stuff is a valuable natural source of Chlorophyll, Magnesium, Potassium, SOD, Alanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Cystine, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Tyrosine, Valine, and over 18 trace minerals."

b4its2late
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006

Posted 2/9/2006 3:53 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Probably the wheatgrass. There is lots of stuff about it on the web. You can grow your own and juice it but you need a special juicer as most can't cope with the tough stems and leaves.

alfax
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2005

Posted 2/9/2006 9:54 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS:

1) Wouldnt it be more effective to take chlorophyll than wheat grass?

2) WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHLOROPHYLL AND CLOROPHYLINE?

3) WHAT ARE THE REAL BENEFITS (IF ANY) OF TAKING THIS NUTRIENT(S)?

4) IS THERE ANY SCIENCE BACKING THE HYPOTHETICAL EFFECT OF WHEAT GRASS ON GRAY HAIR?

THANKS

b4its2late
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006

Posted 2/13/2006 12:14 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Answers to questions:
1. Maybe, but it may not be the chlorophyll in association with other contents which causes benefit.

2. Explained at:
http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/phytochemicals/chlorophylls/

3. Read for instance:
http://www.hippocratesinst.org/html/wheatgrass02.htm
and
http://www.greenlifefoods.co.uk/article.htm
There are others if you google on wheatgrass gray science.

4. I could not find any science, just witness statements in the above articles.
We could ask dang how he got on - see page 1 of this forum.

Did you get my PM?

larryj
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 4

Posted 2/13/2006 12:16 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I came across a supplement for gay hair on the internet. There's only one testimonial on this link with a before and after pictures.

http://www.compassionet.com/testimonials.asp?ID=38&product=TOKI-Color

It has these ingredients:

Vitamin A (as beta-carotene) 10,000 IU 200%
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 500 mg 833%
Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopheryl acid succinate) 200 IU 667%
Folate (as folic acid) 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B12 1 mg 16,667%
Panothenic Acid (as calcium pantothenate) 250 ng 2,500%
Calcium (as calcium pantothenate) 24 mg 2%
Copper (as Copper sulfate) 3 mg 450%
Lycopene 30 mg **
HAI Amino Acid Extract (from sea algae)

I'd appreciate if someone could tell whether these ingredients could have any side effects.

I was able to reverse some of my gray hair in a few months when I had taken a multivitamin/multimineral supplement, a 50 mg vitamin B complex and by trying to eat food rich in copper. The problem with food rich in copper is that they are usually high in fat and calories. I gave up on this regimen and then I started getting more gray hair gradually. I tried drinking 2 ounces of wheatgrass every day for a few months without taking any other supplements, but I didn't see any reversal. I also tried taking 3 g of chlorella everyday for about 6 months with no results.

Thanks.

b4its2late
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006

Posted 2/14/2006 7:27 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

All looks harmless.

Information about lycopene at:

http://www.cami.usip.edu/monographs/lycopene.htm

Hot Denim
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 14

Posted 2/19/2006 12:31 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I recently found this, TOKI COLOR :

TOKI COLOR

Could anybody that tries this post the results ?

Post Edited (Hot Denim) : 2/19/2006 11:48:19 AM (GMT-5)

Hot Denim
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 14

Posted 2/19/2006 12:32 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hot Denim said...
I recently found this PEPPERIE :

Could anybody that tries this post the results.

Did anyone try it?

No results have been posted.

b4its2late
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006

Posted 2/27/2006 3:43 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
http://www.pepperie.com  
They have been selling this since 2002.
The testimonials are rather limited and unconvincing, especially as you can submit your own. I may give it a try at some point as it seems fairly painless to prepare and use - add vodka and hot water. Having said that, it's clear that you need to be dedicated and use it for several months before expecting any results.

As for TOKI COLOR, apart from lycopene, which is an expensive tomato extract, which they say has been shown to stimulate "in vitro" melanin production, most of the ingredients are standard vitamin supplements, which many of this forum may be taking already.

Gaizz
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006

Posted 3/17/2006 6:40 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
BigHarrison, after 2 months, you have had turns out you after to have carried the dose of Green Stuff to 9 caps every day?

Gurp
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 3/20/2006 2:08 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
In medical school we had a biochemistry teacher that was really brilliant. He had multiple PhDs and was really into "alternative" medicine, like herbs, homeopathy, etc.

He also would always have some interesting questions on his tests. One, that I remember, had to do with greying hair. It went something like this:

Why don't winos get grey hair?

A) Because wine is high in copper
B) Becuase wine is high in iron
C) Because wine is low in fiber

I forget the answer, but it was either A or B. It had to do with iron or copper. He said it's nearly impossible to find a wino who has grey hair.

Anyone else ever hear about this?

I know chlorophyll and your "grasses" are high in copper. But don't know if there is a cause/effect relationship. I know copper toxicity can have a lot of problems, so I guess copper would only be recommended if you are deficient. I swear the answer was iron, but I asked a DOM about this and he said copper was the culprit. Is greying more prominent in women? I know they tend to be more anemic than men.

Just some thoughts. Anyone know any winos?

greybeard
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 82

Posted 3/20/2006 2:10 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have never used their products, but I know they sell a lot of hair loss stuff.  Looks like they have something for grey hair too, but I haven't seen any reports of someone actually using it:

http://www.lipoxidil.com/site/graying.php

greybeard
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 82

Posted 3/20/2006 2:10 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Gaizz, can you state your question in a more understandable way?

Gaizz
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006

Posted 3/20/2006 3:04 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sorry greybeard, i'm from Italy. biggarrison has upped the dose of the Green Stuff caps to 9 instead of 6. I wanted to know if he had seen any difference ...