Life Extension Forums dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution
Announcement Attention: Important Forum Announcement

The Life Extension Foundation Forums > LEF Public Forums > Dietary Supplements > Proxenol  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
42 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

grosfader
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 1

Posted 5/23/2005 4:04 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This morning I got two nearly identical junk-mail messages, one for "Proxenol" and another from the same address, with the same description, called "One Life". Looks to me like a revival of Noni juice, which I tried for a year with no results at all [except to my wallet] either pro or con . . .

dkwebb
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 2

Posted 5/31/2005 12:09 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I received some junk mail at my P.O. Box for proxenol. You're correct. I did some research. Proxenol's main ingredient is "Morinda Citrifolia", which is the plant used to produce Noni Juice. You can purchase 200 Noni capsules (400 mg) from one of the major vitamin manufacturers for about $19.95 (Puritan's Pride). The junk mail I received is asking $39.95 for 90 capsules.

tell_it_like_it_is
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 4

Posted 10/4/2005 10:47 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My wife tried Noni juice, as it was HIGHLY recommended for fibromyalgia. It did absolutely nothing. This is the latest "wishful thinking", false "fountain of youth" multilevel "get rich quick" marketing junk. There is so much false HYPE and outright lies associated with "proxeronine" and "proxenol" and "xeronine", that I am starting to believe that a bunch of marketing people got together in a room and thought of ways to dupe the public. For instance, I received an ad for Proxenol in the mail. The front cover said that Proxenol was hailed as the GREATEST MEDICAL BREAKTHROUGH SINCE DNA by the AMERICAN MEDICAL OFFICE OF THE CHIEF MEDICAL INFORMATION OFFICER JOURNAL. Well as far as I can tell, after much searching, THERE IS NO SUCH JOURNAL. And PLEASE, the greatest breakthrough since DNA?????????? I'd have to have my brain removed before I would believe that. This advertisement was claiming that test subjects lived to 95-100 years of age. WHERE ARE THESE TEST SUBJECTS???? Where are the actual results of the double-blind tests for Noni juice and Proxenol? I don't believe there are ANY double-blind tests, nothing but marketing HYPE and lies, lies, lies. If you try any of these products, then good luck trying to get your money refunded if it doesn't work for you. They're not cheap either.

lei.talk
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2004
Total Posts : 408

Posted 10/15/2005 10:19 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
PROXENOL
ingredients per serving

Morinda Citrifolia . . . . . 1000mg

Protease 10,000 HUT . . . 100mg

Proprietary Blend . . . . . . . 40mg

(Barium Carbonate 12C; Flouric Acid 9C, Selenium 9C, Gold 5c, Animal Charcoal 5C,
Chaste Tree 4C, Oil of Mustard Seed 4X, Oat 3X in a base of Sorbitol)

Other Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Puredent, Microcrystalline cellulose,
Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide and Gelatin.

Morinda Citrifolia Has been used by the Polynesians, in the treatment of illness, for almost every medical application. For the past 2000 years they have been using it in a very wide range of medicinal treatments. They believe it to be a miracle healing substance!

Research has shown that Morinda Citrifolia contains appreciable amounts of the precursor of xeronine which was named “proxeronine.” Proxeronine releases pure xeronine in the intestines when it comes in contact with a particular enzyme found in the Morinda Citrifolia. The theory is that when released, xeronine actually works at the molecular level to repair damaged cells. The primary function of xeronine is to regulate the rigidity and shape of specific proteins affecting different functions within the cells and a remarkable wide range of physiological responses.

Post Edited (lei.talk) : 3/1/2006 2:05:15 PM (GMT-5)

suzzy
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005

Posted 11/1/2005 2:58 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am 57 , female, and I hurt all over, deep to the bone, stabbing pain in my legs, at random every day, but I yet work 50 to 60 hours a day in a factory, on concret floors, and try to forget about the pain, because, I have to work. Getting old is no fun, but I still look, nice, have nice hair, complextion, etc. I tried a very expensive bottle of Noni, after reading a sales paper I was given by a co worker.We're talking about 40 dollars for 9 or 10 onces. You were supppose to drink a small amout several times aday. The stuff, did nothing for me, and each day, I dreaded swallowing it. The taste was over whelming, leaving me almost sick, and yet today, I can remember the taste, and feel, quessy. I did not take the whole bottle,. I threw it away, feeling the sick feeling it gave me was not worth it.
Now, today, I received the junk mail, you spoke about. Sounds like a mircle drug. Hurting, as I sit here, and this has been my life for 15 or so years, pain in my bones, and nothing has ever been found when tested by various doctors. So, I am foolish enough to give it a try. To be pain free would be something I can barely remember

lei.talk
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2004

Posted 11/2/2005 7:15 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
suzzy said...
Now, today, I received the junk mail, you spoke about.
Sounds like a mircle drug.
So, I am foolish enough to give it a try.
this is the same product that you tried, previously.
it is only a different brand-name.
you would be wasting your money, again.

TomG
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2005

Posted 12/16/2005 12:10 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Proxinol:

We received a bunch of stuff on this product with some outlandish claims.  We tore it all up into pieces that fit in their postage paid return envelope and sent it back at their expense so they can throw their own junk mail away.

I Learned this trick from a commentary by Andy Rooney.  Sometimes, we pack the envelopes with other junk laying around that we no longer want to look at.

--TomG

lei.talk
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2004

Posted 12/16/2005 12:31 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
TomG said...

We tore it all up into pieces that fit in their postage paid return envelope

and sent it back at their expense

so they can throw their own junk mail away.

hahahahahah!
that is an outstanding technique!
that starts today, at my house,
and i will suggest it to every one i know.

transformations
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006

Posted 1/30/2006 12:59 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wow I am glad I came here before further considering Proxenol.  I looked up info on the web but all of it was promoting the product excep good ol' LEF whom I trust.  Thank you all for your honest guidance.

Charlie B
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 2/23/2006 6:30 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I just stumbled on to this site as i was researcing Proxenol. I think i was sucked into buying before reading all the posts. Thanks!

Helen
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 2/25/2006 11:12 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hello fellow forum,

My husband and I just received promotional mail on proxenol and I googled the internet and found this wonderful forum.   Please, if there is anyone out there with any positive information, will you let us know?  I, too, am leery of a supplement that makes such huge claims but has no one listed in their mail info packet with a medical degree who backs them up, only people who have conducted research, and I believe, no telephone no. listed.

rag
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 2/25/2006 6:05 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Helen said...

Hello fellow forum,

My husband and I just received promotional mail on proxenol and I googled the internet and found this wonderful forum.   Please, if there is anyone out there with any positive information, will you let us know?  I, too, am leery of a supplement that makes such huge claims but has no one listed in their mail info packet with a medical degree who backs them up, only people who have conducted research, and I believe, no telephone no. listed.

I also received the Bionutrigenics info in the mail and was obviously skeptical of their wild claims.  All my research found that none of their "expert, medical" claims checked out. I challenge you to find the "American Medical Office", "The Chief Medical Information Officer Journal",  "US Health Advisory Center" which all appear to be important sounding but fictitious orgaizations with no medical credibility.  Also look for Dr Michael Ingram (their only 'doctor') He is hawking nonmedical health suplements from Nassau and does not mention Proxenol.
If it is to good to be true ...it's not.
I am just sorry for those who truly suffer and will be sucked into giving away their money.

COOKIE
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 2/28/2006 1:40 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

DEAR FORUM,

I AM A USER OF THE TAHITIAN NONI JUICE (LIQUID DIETARY SUPPLEMENT). WHAT I HAVE LEARNED IS NOT ALL NONI JUICE IS EQUAL. THE TAHITIAN BRAND IS PROCESSED THE SAME WAY THE NATIVES HAVE MADE IT FOR YEARS; A LOT OF THE OTHER BRANDS DESTROY THE HEALTHFUL BENEFITS IN THEIR PROCESSES. ALSO, THE TABLET FORM (PROXENOL'S AND OTHERS' MORINDA CITRIFOLIA) I AM SURE HAVE DESTROYED THE GOOD PARTS BY THEIR PROCESS.  I HAVE USED THIS PRODUCT NOW FOR THREE YEARS. THREE YEARS AGO I COULD NOT EVEN BE TYPING THIS NOTE TO YOU;  MY HANDS WERE SO DRAWN FROM ARTHRITIS(HAD A THUMB JOINT REMOVED IS HOW BAD IT WAS).  NONI HAS HELPED ME IN A LOT OF WAYS; ONE MUST TAKE IT FAITHFULLY.  A COUPLE MONTHS IS NOT A FAIR TRIAL...MY KNEE JOINTS THAT ARE BONE TO BONE IT DOESN'T HELP, BUT WITH EXERCISE THE LIGAMENTS IMPROVE AND RELEIVE PAIN. SAME WITH MY BACK DEGERATION. NONI DOESN'T PUT THE BULGING DISC BACK, HOWEVER WITH EXERCISE AND NONI I CAN KEEP MUSCLE BUILT UP TO HELP RELEIVE PAIN THERE. JUST WANTED TO SHARE.

Post Edited By Moderator (DDye) : 2/28/2006 12:46:17 PM (GMT-5)

B. Johnson
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 2/28/2006 2:55 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
DEAR FORUM, I ORDERED THE DIETARY SUPPLEMENT PROXENOL. I WENT ON LINE TO RESEARCH THE INGREDIENTS. IN THE PROPRIETARY BLEND THE FIRST NAMED INGREDIENT IS BARIUM CARBONATE. BARIUM CARBONATE IS RAT POISON. I WAS SHOCKED! I HAVE ALREADY TAKEN  HALF OF THE BOTTLE. I SHOULD HAVE DONE THE RESEARCH BEFORE I TOOK THE PRODUCT. NEEDLESS TO SAY, I DIDN'T. I AM NOW CONCERNED about MY HEALTH. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT EFFECT BARIUM CARBONATE 12C MIGHT HAVE ON MY BODY.  PLEASE, FOR YOUR OWN PEACE OF MIND READ THE INGREDIENTS IN A PRODUCT BEFORE YOU INGEST THEM. I WILL BE CONTACTING THE COMPANY TO FIND OUT IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO BE CONCERNED about NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS NOT.  

lexrexus
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 6

Posted 3/7/2006 1:39 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I haven't tried Proxenol or Proxacine. I did use Morinda's Noni for several years and it did me great good. I tried selling it and found that only a percentage of those who tried it benefited. My mom and sister also benefited.

Barium carbonate is rat poison and is also a homeopathic remedy. Fluoric acid is also a poison and a homeopathic.  Proxacine has neither - - and again, I have tried neither Proxenol or Proxacine - yet.

The fluoride in most drinking water is rat poison, also; so the government must like Proxenol, right???

freaked

skull rolleyes

NinaF
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006

Posted 3/7/2006 1:40 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have just done some googling and found a website for Consumer Health Organization of Canada. On that website two medical doctors describe Morinda citrifolia and its beneficial effects. They are Dr. Mona Harrison, former assistant dean of Boston University School of Medicine, and Dr. Scott Gerson who received his M.D. from Mount Sinai Medical School in New York. I can only suggest that before you pass up the potential value of Proxenol, that you do further research and not fall victim to opinions that may be based on nothing but air. I haven't taken Morinda citrifolia in any form, nor do I have any connection with anyone who has, but I am very interested in following up on more MEDICAL research on the substance.

GRomChem
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006

Posted 3/17/2006 3:06 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You don't need to worry about those "poisons" in Proxenol! :-)
I have a professional background in chemistry and I am well read in biology.
Most every substance can be either beneficial or harmful.  The keyword here is AMOUNT.  Just look on the label of any Mminerals supplement bottle.  Most of those are chemicals that would be deadly if taken in larger amounts.  Most elements (except a few, like mercury) are necessary in minute amounts for our bodies to function properly.  Barium is found in food, water, even air in small amounts.  Up to 2 parts per million (ppm) barium in drinking water is not considered harmful.
Note that the barium carbonate and the fluoride together with other ingredients make up only 40 mg from a capsule.  One capsule is equivalent to about 0.2 ppm barium.

I am not commenting on the Proxenol's effects.  It is very likely that the original plant extract may have positive effects, but also processing (extracting, drying etc.) may render it useless.

Suze
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006

Posted 3/20/2006 1:12 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Barium carbonate 12C is a homeopathic remedy, and like most homeopathic remedies, taken in larger doses it's a poison. The "C" stands for "centesimal," which is a potency scale.

1 part medicinal substance, mixed with 99 parts diluent, yields the 1c potency. Taking 1 part of that potency mixed with 99 parts diluent yields the 2C potency. This is continued until the desired potency is reached. A 12C has gone through this process 12 times. At that point only a very, very small amount of the original substance is left. At 15C there's only a small chance that even a single molecule remains.

In other words, the barium carbonate will probably do no harm. In homeopathic line of thinking, it will stimulate the body to ward off the symptoms that a sizable dose of barium carbonate might cause. And I have no idea what that might be. I'm a nutritionist with a masters degree, and I've been treated by one of the world's foremost homeopaths, who is also a medical doctor. This is a workable form of therapy, but I don't recommend self-medicating with homeopathic remedies.

As for proxenol, I got the spam too, and I've never heard of it before but will let you all know if I find out anything truly promising. :-)

linda.wilson
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006

Posted 3/22/2006 8:11 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Our household has tried Noni juice and not found it to be particularly effective.  However the results we have had with the Proxenol capsules is nothing short of phenomenal.  So, as with most things, Proxenol works well for some of us, and for others it does not.  (So be gentle with your words!)  Of course there will always be price variations, but as a holistic health practitioner, I've found that you usually get what you pay for.  Proxenol is possibly no different.  If it doesn't work for you, then price is unimportant, if it does work for you, finding a quality product at a good price is always important. smilewinkgrin

eZHEAL
20 Years Healthful reviews, too. ~(49y.o.)

Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 10

Posted 4/2/2006 12:21 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

OF/about

[Post Edited By Moderator (DDye) : 2/28/2006 12:46:17 PM (GMT-5)]

please let us know if you distribute any / or Juices,  etc.-this (and I accept for the same reasons as YALE/HARVARD TEAC MLM- and its benefits in marketing as NON-PYRAMID usages) would be a "positive attitude" of yours for ~

BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE HAS SHOWN PHYSIOLOGICALLY OUR 'ATTITUDES' (MISTAKEN "ORIENTATIONS" ) and THOUGHTS -(more likely 'hoped') genetic,  but proven completely Non-Genetic,-  have tremendous baring on responses to feelings to and about others and to ourselves and the "Noni" 's we may try to "CURE" ourselves. Proven tendency records can go back 4 generations ('48 hours' TV- researched 5 years ago.)

This means try it or the placebo or what is safe (you determine)  can be as GOOD AS IT WORKS for U !-

Such as recent evidence the 'sulfite/sulfide?' form of glucosamine- for joints had far less than a 40% response to treatment/intake.  But the Chloride form had much better (60%).

AND THE PLACEBOS RANGED 30% TO 60% "HEALING" SOME !!!

Going to the prayers (I believe in Jesus Name) have resulted as SEEN FIRST HAND:

Sis of 4th stage lymphoma - misdiagnosed as circulation ailments, etc. for 3 years -/  she has no spleen/  sent home to die  -- but 21 years ago!

She dropped all chemicals from her diet as possible,  even had 3 andr'mn.  chemo at attempts to cure, and said "The Lord told me I wiil not lose my hair" ! and she sat up at the hospital the day before treatment and declares to the night nurses "I AM HEALED" two kids and married 10-years and VERY analytical- data base builder for large companies).

She did not even lose her hair, as did over 100 on her floor, did and died. We prayed believing-  and even saw Mom totally healed of thyroid disease and low blood sugar,  and Dr's said your thyroid IS NOT FUNCTIONING!  And she is 78 today/  Dad takes thyroxin and is 84. ! WE STILL JUST BELIEVE and health abounds at our home from family attitudes as well as genetics. So I pray with others and believe.

I feel great without the Noni-, no Xango's  but with the g3 gac juice of Pharmanex/ scanned improvements/ and nanotechnologies of tiny vita-particals absorbing into me bobdy... 9 weeks now sleeping through the night: 49 yrs. old!

-I had only been getting 5 hours of sleep for over 12 years...

Post Edited By Moderator (DDye) : 4/2/2006 12:25:08 PM (GMT-4)

Ralph Wiggum
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 30

Posted 4/7/2006 2:07 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
nono  

I will pass on Proxenol, may try Noni juice at a later date. "NOT ALL NONI JUICE IS EQUAL." --- cookie. That is true of all supps in my considered opinion. The few good ones are great, but most are junk, a waste of time and hard earned money, so take care. The Andy Rooney junk mail solution first came to light in the 1950s, but never really caught on.

I receive at least one or more of these self-health solicitations a month, probably more. Not all are bad. Most contain at least a kernal of truth. Natto, for instance. Natto junk mail came from the same source as Proxenol junk mail, if memory serves. It is on my to-do list, but not from BioNutrigenics. They charge 3 or 4 times the going rate and act as though they invented the stuff. Natto is apparently a foul tasting superfood (soybean based?) Japanese people have been using to good effect for a thousand years at least. As with Noni juice, or any other supp, make sure your supplier is a reputable one. If memory serves, Natto is especially effective with respect to muscular disorders. Suzzy & Tell-it-like-it-is might want to check it out more thoroughly.

The votes are all in with respect to D-Ribose/fibro though. Less certain are other muscular disorders. Not enough data. Developed to combat cardiovascular disorders especially (the heart is a muscle), it has also proven effective against fibromyalgia as well. Try www.bioenergy.com and its twin www.corvalen.com for research, but D-Ribose powder can be had cheaper on ebay. Olympic quality athletes have been using D-Ribose from the start to get an edge, along with CoQ10 and other healthy, legal super supps that might do us all some good.

starship3
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2006

Posted 4/20/2006 11:09 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
With regard to Proxenol, I read all the negative remarks made about on it on this site but I decided to try it anyway.  I am very pleased with the results.  I have been taking it for over 90 days and I have more energy, less aches and pains (and I work very physically hard) and I have lost 13 lbs without dieting.  So I am happy with the Proxenol and will continue to take the capsules.

dante_cubit
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2004
Total Posts : 32

Posted 4/20/2006 11:28 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There're a lot of spammers for noni on this thread.

- Yes, unfortunately for this reason Life Extension Forums may have to limit some of its freedom of speech. - mod

MommaBear
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2006

Posted 4/29/2006 10:25 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I had an absolutely horrible experience with Proxenol.
The company Bionutrigenics was worse!
Proxenol caused extreme stomach cramps sending me to the emergency room.
An allergic reaction? I don't think so, I don't test allergic to anything. But, that was just the beginning of my nightmare.

The company Bionutrigenics was horrible to deal with. After my experience, I wrote a letter along with returning the product and told them not to send me more and sent back the product. They continued to send the product, charging my account. When I called, they asked me to call back in 15 minutes with no explanation, then no one was there more than once.

When I finally talked to someone, they said they forgot to bill it correctly, and I had to pay for the continued shipping costs because they had to pay the post office (?!?) I had canceled the renew sending months prior in writing and phone and they just would not stop billing me and sending the product, I refused all the packages at the door and they STILL charged my credit card.

I kept phoning and phoning, finally a girl said,"Um, I don't think we got your first return to begin with" "The return products desk wouldn't have canceled your orders from a letter anyway, you would have [to] call" What? I did. The charges are finally just in credit card dispute now at last resort. They say that even though the shipments were refused at the door four times (!)after cancellation I am still responsible for their shipping even after cancellation.

Long, frustrating nightmare with Bionutrigenics. They are fly-by-night and crooked as a dog's leg.
Debera

Maudezilla
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006

Posted 5/17/2006 1:40 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

WOW, I too received junk mail promoting Proxenol.  Thought I'd do a little research before spending a fortune on the stuff.  Good thing I check in here to read your posts.  I'm 77 years old and am always looking for products to enhance my energy. Wonder how many more bogus products are out there.  How do they get away with this con.  Isn't the FDA out there looking out for us offering protection again this fraudulant advertising and sales -  or they too busy endorsing dangerous drugs?? Surely there must be an agency to report to to make these fakers accountable ?