Life Extension Forums dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution
Announcement Attention: Important Forum Announcement

The Life Extension Foundation Forums > LEF Public Forums > Hormones > DHEA  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Oldest Post First ]

rogersjr
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2000
Total Posts : 12

Posted 7/9/2001 2:13 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
DHEA can be legally purchased in Australia with a doctors prescription from compounding chemists such as Richard Stenlake. It can be legally imported with an import permit obtainable from the TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration).

chrism
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2001
Total Posts : 3

Posted 7/8/2001 9:15 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
>Obtaining DHEA in Australia is more difficult than obtaining a gun
>permit! However, Im off to London next week where the
>hormone is easier to obtain. Do any of the contributors
>to this forum know of a supplier in the London
>area?
>Thanks,
>David Fletcher.

David, You dont need to go to London; a compounding chemist, Richard Stenlake in Ebley Street Bondi Junction Sydney, will make it for you if you have a doctors prescription. It costs about $A160 for 100 x 50mg.
Regards,
Chrism

gowatson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit gowatson's website.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2000
Total Posts : 15

Posted 7/5/2001 6:26 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
>Obtaining DHEA in Australia is more difficult than obtaining a gun
>permit! However, Im off to London next week where the
>hormone is easier to obtain. Do any of the contributors
>to this forum know of a supplier in the London
>area?
>Thanks,
>David Fletcher.

Hi David,

Just be carefull as there is, I think, up to a $100,000 fine and jail time possibly involved if customs finds the DHEA on a search.

http://www.health.gov.au/tga/docs/html/bringmed/persimp.htm

The substances listed below are not controlled substances in some countries (eg USA) and are widely available in dietary supplement preparations.

DHEA (Dehydroepeiandrosteron)
Norandrostenedione
Ephedra (ma huang)
Ephedrine

However, under the Customs legislation in Australia, these substances are classified as either anabolic steroids or precursors and are prohibited imports unless an import permit has been obtained.

http://www.health.gov.au/tga/docs/html/bringmed/customs.htm#penalties

Under the Customs legislation the prohibited importation of certain substances (eg steroids, gonadotrophins, precursors used in the production of illicit drugs) above critical quantities is a criminal offence.

Serious penalties will apply to anyone found guilty of importing these substances for the purposes of illicit traffic.

Greg (also an Aussie)

kinabaloo
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2001
Total Posts : 91

Posted 7/5/2001 6:12 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just to clarify, the UK policy is to allow importation of supplements such as DHEA (I believe any prescription drug, but dont quote me ;)) for personal use. Dont ask me why this applies to QHI, which is a uk company, but thats what they say! What they cannot do though, is send you a brochure or order form!! You have to look on the net :)

Still, this is more open than most of europe. Since I work elsewhere in europe, i need to return to the uk to collect my LEF orders!
Personally, I dont believe any government regulatory body should be able to ban the sale of any naturally occuring substance (plant or body), even if synthesized, and of any dosage, but instead should be able, by way of compromise, to insert a leaflet of warning as they see fit.

A possible alternative if you have friends in the Uk - perhaps they can order from LEF on your behalf - which is pretty quick ...

Victor C.
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2000
Total Posts : 164

Posted 7/5/2001 8:57 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
you likely will get a list of shops (brick and stone as well as web only) by writing on newsgroups:misc.fitness.weights and alt.sport-weightligting

I would not ask for dhea by name (they will laugh at you..sorry) but any sports supplement type store will likely have prohormones (and dhea) so if you phrase your question appropriately you will find some

kinabaloo
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2001
Total Posts : 91

Posted 7/5/2001 2:01 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It is not legally available in shops, but is legally importable for personal use. The following company should be able to process an order quickly as it is based in London:
http://www.qhi.co.uk
Unfortunately only in 50 mg size, but capsules are easily opened if wish to halve the dose.

::The problem with this is that I think that these offshore companies are only allowed to sell to customers *outside* the EEU, but not to those inside. Since LibSol ships from Spain, it is possible that they could ship you some DHEA to an address in UK.::

David Fletcher
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2001
Total Posts : 6

Posted 7/4/2001 2:52 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Obtaining DHEA in Australia is more difficult than obtaining a gun permit! However, Im off to London next week where the hormone is easier to obtain. Do any of the contributors to this forum know of a supplier in the London area?
Thanks,
David Fletcher.