Life Extension Forums dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution
Announcement Attention: Important Forum Announcement

The Life Extension Foundation Forums > LEF Public Forums > Hormones > How much DHEA and Pregnenolone Do You Take?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Nature
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2005
Total Posts : 6

Posted 6/15/2005 10:28 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
They currently have me on 50 mg of DHEA and 100 of pregnenolone a day - they told me they want me to go to what my peak "used to  be" - and, I will be starting bioidential hormones within the week -

But, I cannot continue my sleep all night - I constantly wake up in the middle of the night and end up having to take a sleeping pill to go back to sleep otherwise I will literally be up until way after "dawn"...

Does anyone think that 50 DHEA and 100 pregnenolone is too much?

Please give me your input, advice and experience.

Thanks everyone - we learn from each other's experiences and sharing.

- Are you taking melatonin?  Sometimes too much melatonin for one's biochemical needs can cause middle of the night wakening. - moderator

Chrisgj
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2005
Total Posts : 4

Posted 6/27/2005 4:01 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've found from read womens experiances with DHEA, that they tend to have problems with hair growth with more than 12 1/2 mg. Men really shouldn't take more than 50 mg.

The pregenolone should not be taken after 4 pm and that 100 mg should be divided, not taken all at once. At wake and again at noon you might try.

The DHEA should be taken when you wake.

Have you had any cortisol tests or DHEA-S tested? These need to be tested before preg or DHEA is taken long term.

I recmommend these be read if taking preg and or DHEA:

The DHEA Breakthrough Stephen Cherniske, M.S.

Dhea A Practical Guide Ray Sahelian, M.D.

Pregnenolone Nature's Feel Good Hormone Ray Sahelian, M.D.

Chris

leppert
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2001
Total Posts : 537

Posted 7/1/2005 11:25 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
After testing my ND put me on 100 mg of DHEA and my hubby on 75 mg. I've had no adverse affects at all and neither has he. We've been at this dose for almost a year.