Life Extension Forums dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution
Announcement Attention: Important Forum Announcement

The Life Extension Foundation Forums > LEF Public Forums > Hormones > HGH in Thailand  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

ThaiJohn
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2008
Total Posts : 103

Posted Today 9:28 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm an expat living in Thailand for the past several years.

Many years ago, I had several acquaintances in the USA who were into HGH. I was in my 30s at the time, and saw no need to risk using it as I felt myself to be in excellent shape.

For the past few years, I feel like my age is catching up with me. I've always been very active (work allowing), although I can't stand gyms. I get most of my exercise outdoors. Here in Thailand, some of the best outdoor exercise activities involve watersports -- for me swimming, wakeboarding, windsurfing, etc. I have noticed that I can no longer exercise more than 1-2 days in a row before needing 1-2 days for my body to recover. Ten years ago, I could "abuse" my body for a week or more and it would only get stronger.

Some people have suggested that I should give up my preferred sports and opt instead for softer activities like yoga, tai chi, etc. I don't mind adding these to my exercise regimen (a lot more "fun" than lifting weights or riding a treadmill AFAIAC), but I really don't want to give up the more strenuous sports either.

I thought maybe HGH would be worth trying for a while to see if it offers any improvement. I visited several pharmacies in Bangkok and found two brands appear to be readily available. Hygetropin and glotropin. Prices are highly variable (and no better than what you can get mail order on the net), but seem to run from around $4.3 to $5.7 per IU in modest quantities. Buying locally, at least I don't have to worry so much about having my money taken -- although I am worried about counterfeit goods.

FYI, here in Thailand, no prescription is required to buy or use HGH, steroids, and many other substances that are controlled by the paternalistic government in the US.

Since I began researching HGH supplementation a short while ago, it seems to me that there is no particular need to have my IGF-1 blood levels measured. In fact, other than ruling out cancer, which I believe myself to be at low risk for, there doesn't seem to be much of a need to see a physician at all. I have read many accounts of people who start supplementing with 1-2 iu per day and gradually adjusted the dosage based on what they can afford and what feels good to them. I suppose some argument could be made for measuring my IGF-1 levels before and after supplementation in order to determine whether the HGH is counterfeit or not, but I'm hoping someone may suggest a less intrusive means to avoid counterfeits.

Oh, and I did look into doing all this under a physician's care here as well. The best hospital in Thailand is widely regarded to be Bumrumgrad hospital in Bangkok. They have an anti-aging clinic. They do NOT do HGH supplementation there. Strangely, they DO do testosterone hormone replacement therapy. I suppose I may go visit them if I don't get the results I'm looking for with HGH.

John

RED
Registered Member

Click to send RED email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 5370

Posted Today 10:32 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Welcome to LEF John.  I would not give up your preferred sports just yet.  I know you say it is taking your body a lot longer to recover and that just comes with mother nature.
If you can aford to do the hgh and buy it locally you must stay on hgh for a minimum at least 6 months.  I always took it for 10 months.  With hgh it will take a long time for it to start working.  Don't get frustrated as so many people do because you don't see results right away.  Hgh can be costly as well.
Another alternative that is faster and cheaper and definetely will make your body recover from any type of hard physical sports is testosterone.  That is one of its main purposes.  If you are willing to try HGH you should consider testosterone as well.  You will get fast results with in 2-3 weeks and your body will recover a lot faster.  I firmly believe you get a better bang for your money with testosterone..However, the combo of HGH and a little bit of testosterone is incredible, providing that all the drugs are real.
ThaiJohn said...
I'm an expat living in Thailand for the past several years.

Many years ago, I had several acquaintances in the USA who were into HGH. I was in my 30s at the time, and saw no need to risk using it as I felt myself to be in excellent shape.

For the past few years, I feel like my age is catching up with me. I've always been very active (work allowing), although I can't stand gyms. I get most of my exercise outdoors. Here in Thailand, some of the best outdoor exercise activities involve watersports -- for me swimming, wakeboarding, windsurfing, etc. I have noticed that I can no longer exercise more than 1-2 days in a row before needing 1-2 days for my body to recover. Ten years ago, I could "abuse" my body for a week or more and it would only get stronger.

Some people have suggested that I should give up my preferred sports and opt instead for softer activities like yoga, tai chi, etc. I don't mind adding these to my exercise regimen (a lot more "fun" than lifting weights or riding a treadmill AFAIAC), but I really don't want to give up the more strenuous sports either.

I thought maybe HGH would be worth trying for a while to see if it offers any improvement. I visited several pharmacies in Bangkok and found two brands appear to be readily available. Hygetropin and glotropin. Prices are highly variable (and no better than what you can get mail order on the net), but seem to run from around $4.3 to $5.7 per IU in modest quantities. Buying locally, at least I don't have to worry so much about having my money taken -- although I am worried about counterfeit goods.

FYI, here in Thailand, no prescription is required to buy or use HGH, steroids, and many other substances that are controlled by the paternalistic government in the US.

Since I began researching HGH supplementation a short while ago, it seems to me that there is no particular need to have my IGF-1 blood levels measured. In fact, other than ruling out cancer, which I believe myself to be at low risk for, there doesn't seem to be much of a need to see a physician at all. I have read many accounts of people who start supplementing with 1-2 iu per day and gradually adjusted the dosage based on what they can afford and what feels good to them. I suppose some argument could be made for measuring my IGF-1 levels before and after supplementation in order to determine whether the HGH is counterfeit or not, but I'm hoping someone may suggest a less intrusive means to avoid counterfeits.

Oh, and I did look into doing all this under a physician's care here as well. The best hospital in Thailand is widely regarded to be Bumrumgrad hospital in Bangkok. They have an anti-aging clinic. They do NOT do HGH supplementation there. Strangely, they DO do testosterone hormone replacement therapy. I suppose I may go visit them if I don't get the results I'm looking for with HGH.

John

ThaiJohn
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2008

Posted Today 3:44 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for the reply Red. My goal is to improve my body's health in the long term, so I have been thinking that HGH is my best choice. If I were solely interested in more rapid recovery from strenuous sports, I have no doubt that your suggestion to try testosterone is a good one -- though I'd be more tempted here to start under a doctor's supervision to insure that I got started with the right dosage, and to find out whether or not I need to use another supplement 10% of men supposedly need in order to avoid prostate enlargement when supplementing with testosterone (some sort of cream, I think).

I'm a bit surprised that you say it takes so long to get results with HGH. Many of the reports I hear from users suggest that it often works much faster -- in as little as a month or less. I guess it varies depending on one's age, genetic disposition, etc. Personally, if I didn't notice any results within 2-3 months, I would have a difficult time justifying the expense of staying on it for longer.

Certainly we all have to make some adjustments to our lifestyle as we age. What is puzzling, however, is the widely varying rate at which we all seem to decline with age. Some of my friends are as old as 70, and not on any supplements that I know of, yet are still able to enjoy many of the same activities I do. Still others are completely out of the game well before they reach 50. I'd like to do what I can to insure that I fall into the former category rather than the latter!

bosundave
Registered Member

Click to send bosundave email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2007
Total Posts : 34

Posted 11/28/2008 11:27 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thai John, lucky you. What part of Thailand do you live in? Pattaya is where I started my first AAS (steroid) cycle at age 45. I have never looked back. I did have some help from a local BB there from Australia. Although I am not sure I would recommend a BB for advice in your case since your goals are different. I am now more attuned to side effects of certain hormones like Tren, and Deca. Stay away from those unless you become advanced and can deal with prolactin side effects.

You should only be considering test injectible, gel. and possibly Primobolan which is a very safe low side effect steroid which is great for the mature user. I believe good primo is still available in Thailand.

Not just any doctor is going to be able to help and monitor you well on steroid cycles. How old are you? AAS is so cheap you ought to consider going under hormone replacement therapy permanently. At age 52 I don't cycle any more. Just monitor blood and liver values.

You will benefit from an antiestrogen such as Aromasin which can be hard to find in Thailand. I recommend this anti E over all others available due to its least negative effect on blood lipids.

Your best bang for the buck is with AAS. Your recovery time is almost nil.

Now, You need to find a less expensive source of HGH. You should be paying between 1.80 and 3.00 an iu depending on how well connected you can get to Chinese generic blue tops.

If you absolutely, positively need a brand name then be very aggressive in finding Hygetropin at a better price. 

Results from HGH will not be what you are looking for, but they will enhance the benefits of AAS and in addition give you lower body fat unless your diet is terrible. Better skin, hair and nails. Better retention of muscle mass grown by AAS . HGH will not significantly grow more mass or significantly give you better recovery time.

HGH is noticable enough in other areas that people spend a good chunk of change anually on this magnificent hormone.  I believe 4i u ED, 6 times a week is ideal.
You are so fortunate to live in a part of the world where you can do this legally.
Research Pattaya as purchasing grounds for AAS and HGH. The lowest expat prices there will be significantly less than in Bangkok. Pattaya has great hospitals too. Not like Bum in Bangkok, but try researching their antiaging.

Find the BODY BUILDERS in Pattaya. If you get the right one who likes you he will point you to the cheapest sources of AAS and HGH.

Good luck you lucky sod.

BTW, You can get in a lot of "trouble" in Pattaya when your test levels become elevated and you feel like a teenager again. It is quite an experience.

RED
Registered Member

Click to send RED email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 5370

Posted 11/30/2008 4:55 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

"The pharmacies pay money to the police so they can sell fake or illegal meds" - This has been a big trend in Mexico over the last 4-5 years.  Not only that the pharmacy actually gets their product back to resell again.

jazzyjeff said...
HGH and anabolics are illegal in Thailand. I just had a friend deported because he bought some fake hygetropin at a pharmacy on Sukhumvit and when he found out it was fake he went to the police station and showed the box and got arrested because you do need a prescription.The pharmacies pay money to the police so they can sell fake or illegal meds.Now there is a pharmacy in Pratunam across the street from Panthip plaza the guy speaks no english but he has great prices on anabolic and dont rip people off. He used to have Jintropin and it was about 17,000 Baht but i am not sure if he still has it. In my opinion if you want a good deal go to the place the foreigners don't go. I have been in Thailand 10 years and it works for me. Also at Bumrumgrad Hospital the got a test the checks your GH levels from how i understand what the doc says is that the give you a shot of insulin and and the insulin level low and they can see your GH level. But again Bumrumgrad is too expensive and a long wait and the doctor will give you a long speech about not using hgh and how it can be bad for you, and the wait is long. Better to go to Vejethani hospital on Lat Prao Soi 111 they are pretty cheap and fast and it's a nice hospital.

ThaiJohn
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2008

Posted 12/2/2008 1:17 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm off to Bumrumgrad hospital soon to get started on testosterone. After reading more about HGH from unbiased sources, I've decided that I'm better off going with doctor-administered testosterone for now. HGH is way too hyped, and as far as I can tell, the cost is high and the benefits are few, especially when compared to testosterone.

I've been to Bumrumgrad before and never found it expensive. Maybe US$30 to see a doctor. I also never waited more than 15 minutes to see one, and didn't even have an appointment. They have an anti-aging clinic and generally have the best doctors in Thailand as well. Can't be too careful with one's health.

HGH is certainly legal and available with a prescription here in Thailand. Many hospitals stock it for treatment of conditions for which it is approved. Fakes are widespread everywhere in Asia, which is why the buyer has to beware. I have established relationships with several pharmacies in Bangkok and trust them not to try to rip me off.

Steroids are widely available over-the-counter at mainstream pharmacies like Boots and Watsons. I've asked before and no prescription is required, although I would consider it irresponsible to start taking them without knowing exactly what you're doing.

For those of you who have not lived in Thailand before, you should know that they play fast and loose with most of the laws here. Western countries feel like police states in comparison (and indeed they are). Of course, if you've been following the news lately, you can see that there are downsides to this state of semi-anarchy, but if you're not a "law and order" sort of person, it's actually quite pleasant.

ThaiJohn
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2008

Posted 12/4/2008 10:32 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I went to the anti-aging clinic and found out they use testosterone undecanoate there. It is apparently injected into the buttocks and the procedure only needs to be done every 3 months or so. They charge about US$250 per injection, which seems high to me, but includes the service of injecting the hormone. They say it cannot be self-administered. The doctor there says this is the best form of testosterone replacement therapy, because unlike other forms (oral, other types of injectables) it doesn't cause the blood levels of testosterone oscillate about the targeted levels between doses.

Any comments on this? Is it worth the price, or should I go for some cheaper form injectable testosterone that I can inject myself on a weekly or bi-weekly basis? They also offer a patch, although that may be problematic for me if it needs to be left on for extended periods (I'm in the water a lot).

ThaiJohn
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2008

Posted 12/7/2008 8:57 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just want to post a brief correction to a comment I made earlier in this thread.

I've been to the anti-aging clinic at Bumrumgrad hospital a couple of times now as well as to the hospital itself. They are separate operations. Whilst Bumrumgrad hospital is reasonably priced (if you're on a Western salary), the clinic itself is quite expensive. They charged at least 3x what Bumrumgrad itself (across the street) would have charged for some simple blood tests and some brief consultations with an endocrinologist. Granted the hospital across the street would not prescribe or administer testosterone if you are on the low side of average, but I definitely had the impression they were price gouging.

My impressions were confirmed recently when I noted they are charging more than US$60 for 90 tablets of 25 mg capsules of DHEA. That's at least 10x what it would cost in the USA.

I'm not totally unhappy -- I got my test results and can now proceed to make some choices based on foreknowledge of my body's current hormone levels. I think I'll have to look elsewhere for future advice and medicine, however.

bigbadbobbolton
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 4

Posted 8/20/2009 8:57 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Deca and Testoviron Depot are both available through Boots pharmacies. Testoviron needs to be combined with an anti-estrogen as it will aromatise.

HGH is not illegal with a script but getting a script is next to impossible, thus far.
The results are staggering especially if you stack it with Tren and Sustanon. Your body becomes a furnace and you burn fat even at rest. You can feel the heat coming off you!

My strength has increased dramatically and I am starting to look bigger without my shirt than with it on! I am 53 yo but the gains keep coming in! My waist size has dropped several inches and body fat has been reduced all over.

Injecting is NOT difficult and you get used to it with practice. Buy the plungers and pins and do it yourself there are a lot of guides on the Internet.

bigbadbobbolton
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 4

Posted 8/20/2009 10:55 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
By the way before we all get carried away jabbing testosterone et al, be aware that if you don't take a break and allow your body to recover you will end up with balls the size of raisins! You will also need to take some HCG or similar to help restore things, HCG or human chorionic gonadotropin helps to re-establish your own testosterone supplies. Pregnyl was my favourite but imports into Thailand are about to be terminated and the alternative is harder to obtain IVF-C.

Bravo 6
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 859

Posted 8/21/2009 8:53 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Good post T John.

Test Undec is a super long ester and very good for HRT or "cruising". However $250.00 per inject is insane! You can inject yourself once you learn inject protocol, and it doesn't have to go in the glutes every time. Here.. http://www.spotinjections.com  and by the way you are paying over 20 times what the inject will cost.

Good luck,

Bravo 6