Life Extension Forums dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution
Announcement Attention: Important Forum Announcement

The Life Extension Foundation Forums > LEF Public Forums > Dietary Xenobiotics > Alternative aniracetam sources  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

bethker3
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2001
Total Posts : 9

Posted 5/9/2001 6:46 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ive searched nonstop for the lowest priced aniracetam on the internet and am amazed and how expensive it is. I think the best deal I found was about $32 per box of 20 750mg pills. At the recommended dosage of 1500 mg per day, that is quite a costly habit. However, in my search I did locate a company called Boojie Pharmaceutical and Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. Apparently they are a manufacturer specializing in producing special chemicals for pharmaceutical, food, cosmetic, and agricultural industry. I looked over the list of chemicals they produce, and it contains everything from resveratrol to aniracetam to hazardous chemicals. The company is located in China. I contacted them to inquire about the aniracetam they produce, it is labeled Aniracetam EP2000. I was curious if this was pharmaceutical-grade and contaminant free aniracetam, and apparently, it is. They said they produce it under the EP2000 standards, whatever those are. I had them quote me the price of 1 kg including delivery and it was US$130. Compared to the earlier prices I had found for aniracetam, this totally shocked me. At a dosage of 1500mg per day, 1 kg would last approximately 665 days, all for $130. My only hesitation in ordering is that it is made in China, and I have no idea of the quality control. I would love to order this, but the thought of ingesting even minute quantities of unknown chemicals is extremely undesirable to me. I guess my question is (to Tom or anyone who is familiar with ordering from chemical supply houses): Would you feel safe ingesting this form of aniracetam on a regular basis? Much thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer.
ps- the website for the company is www.boojiechem.com

::I would not take the chance; IMO, the benefits in the face of other alternatives is not worth the risk. I too have looked at aniracetam, but its purported benefit over well proven and safe piracetam has never seemed to be worth the extra cost. ::

LefMirage
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2000
Total Posts : 49

Posted 5/11/2001 9:54 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I agree with Tom, althought Chinas food grade Aniracetam powder may be surprising cheaper Im sure the quality would also be surprising. I would try Piracetam first either by a compounding pharmacy in the US or from Europe at a reasonable price. Or take the tablet Aniracetam from a respectable company. (http://www.libsol.net http://www.qhi.co.uk http://www.antiaging-systems.com)
Also if youre taking other brain supplements or drugs you probably wont need 2 tabs a day.

Edward in Chicago