Life Extension Forums dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution dotNetBB Forums : Join the Revolution
Announcement Attention: Important Forum Announcement

The Life Extension Foundation Forums > LEF Public Forums > Topicals > Replacing the Hairs Pigment ?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Niko
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2001
Total Posts : 143

Posted 3/10/2001 9:53 AM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Tom,

I came across this product and wanted to get your opinion on it:

::This sounds reasonable, but you should have supplied the website URL where you got this from. I have never had much interest in antibaldness or antigraying and have not developed much expertize in these matters. My view is that if I make it to 150, I wont really care much if I am gray or bald, and by then the solution is likely to be at hand anyway. I have very little gray, but Kitty has early graying genes and is quite interested.::

Replacing the Hairs Pigment

We all know that melanin pigment is the natural coloring factor in hair; and that it is identical in all colors of hair. The only difference between chestnut brown and platinum blond hair is the amount of melanin. With aging this amount of melanin decreases. Complete absence of it results in no color or white hair.

Until recently, the only alternative for people who didnt like the gray look was artificial coloring which has many drawbacks and never really gives you back your own natural color; which is not one color but different shades and tones. However, it is now possible to naturally reverse the graying process by actually replacing lost melanin with a similar acting pigment. This is accomplished by a product called PG 168, formulated by Richard Dykast, Ph.D., which works with the hairs natural chemistry combining with protein inside the hair shaft to gradually replace lost pigment. The result is ones original natural color back.

In the same manner that natural hair color is determined by the amount of melanin in the hair shaft, one can now restore his or her natural hair color by simply controlling the amount of PG 168. At first it is applied daily as with any good hair grooming product (which, incidentally it also doubles as). Within two or three weeks (depending on the darkness of ones natural color) most people will have restored their specific degree of pigment. Thereafter they use the product just once or twice a week for natural grooming and to maintain the pigment level.

We asked some questions:

Q. How soon until you see results?

A. Depending on the amount of gray, and its location in about 1 week youll start to notice a change. Thereafter the hair will not only start looking but also feeling healthier and more vital.

Q. What amount of PG 168 is used daily?

A. It depends on the length and thickness of the hair. About 1/8 oz. for short hair and 1/4 oz. for very long hair. Simply dampen the hair as if using any good hair-grooming product.

Q. Should one change their grooming habits?

A. No. However, frequent shampooing during the initial daily application period will lengthen the time it takes to notice a significant pigment increase. It is recommended not to use other products during this period because they may leave a film and slow the process.

Q. Any difference in results or method of application between men and women?

A. No, except longer hair will require more product.

Life Extension  PG-168

Thousands of individuals are already using PG 168, which has been tested extensively for extended periods without any side effects. It is in no way harmful to the skin and is not a dye or artificial coloring so it has the added advantage of not requiring gloves or other items. It absolutely works; 100% of the time.

Niko

Niko
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2001

Posted 3/11/2001 7:37 AM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Tom and Kitty,

Sorry, I forgot to include the website. Here it is:

http://www.lifex.com/appear.html

They have a lot of interesting products there! Please let me know if you find any other products appealing. For example...RNA Cream.

Thank you,
Niko

::Frankly, I do not have much respect for this website or its operators. They have been mimicking the Life Extension Foundation and attempting to imitate and gain success from the same approach for some time now. I do not have much respect for people who so thoroughly lift ideas, phrases and marketing methods from the ones who first invented them. Just because something is not copyrighted, patented, or even can be, does not mean that is it morally defensible to take it and use it as ones own in competition with the originators of the ideas. Because of these moral objections to the operators of this website, I will not sanction nor dignify their contents by commenting on any products which they sell.::

nbourbaki
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2000
Total Posts : 11

Posted 3/12/2001 6:05 AM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Tom,

I did a search on PG 168 and melanin and came up with two pertinent addresses. The first was the Life Extension web site selling the product www.lifex.com/appear.html and the second, discussing the product http://www.hairsite.com/_disc17/00000011.htm.

Nbourbaki

::Thanks, but this does not give us any more information. Without some idea of the chemicals/ingredients involved, no evaluation can be done without buying it and trying. IMO, this is not an ethical way to sell products, and I will not deal with any such supplier.::

Rick36
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2001
Total Posts : 16

Posted 3/20/2001 11:31 PM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
>Tom and Kitty,
>
>Sorry, I forgot to include the website. Here it is:
>
>
>http://www.lifex.com/appear.html
>
>They have a lot of interesting products there! Please let
>me know if you find any other products appealing.
>For example...RNA Cream.
>
>Thank you,
>Niko
>
>::Frankly, I do not have much respect for this website or
>its operators. They have been mimicking the Life Extension Foundation
>and attempting to imitate and gain success from the same
>approach for some time now. I do not have much
>respect for people who so thoroughly lift ideas, phrases and
>marketing methods from the ones who first invented them. Just
>because something is not copyrighted, patented, or even can be,
>does not mean that is it morally defensible to take
>it and use it as ones own in competition with
>the originators of the ideas. Because of these moral objections
>to the operators of this website, I will not sanction
>nor dignify their contents by commenting on any products which
>they sell.::

Niko: I can offer further evidence that Toms characterization of this firm is fully justified. I bought some of the PG-168, and was disgusted to see that the active ingredient is lead acetate, which is found in the cheapest hair coloring products. It is even more distressing that they try to disguise this ingredient by listing it on the bottle as Pb acetate. Pb, if you recall, is the symbol for lead in the periodic table.
-Rick

Niko
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2001

Posted 3/24/2001 10:17 AM (GMT -4)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thank you Rick! Great to see others are willing to help understand fiction from fact for The scientific application of food and supplement nutrition for disease prevention, and health and longevity promotion.
-Niko